The briefVisualise a publication on design thinking.
Include nude images if possible.
Very soon into the project, I realised one rather serious stumbling block in the project: despite my three years in Berlin, I still had a poor (meaning non-existant) grasp on the German language. Considering the entire publication was written in German, this was a problem. For example: I had absolutely no idea what the above spread was about. After some discussion with Erik, I drew some eye-sperms.
As the project progressed, and my German skills showed no signs of improvement, email exchanges such as the following became commonplace. Desperately trying to avoid looking like an idiot, I made valiant attempts to guess the spelling of certain words such as:
Inevitably, I had entirely misunderstood:
To this day, my German has not improved.
Given the nature of the illustration style used in the book, a native iOS styled app felt entirely inappropriate for the project. instead, we decided to draw the entire app UI by hand and use Scrawl as the primary font for headlines, buttons and other UI components.
Maybe you want to buy me some gifts. Or flowers.